Eco-Friendly Products & Environmental Responsibility
How Miller's is reducing our carbon footprint and protecting the environment.
Wetlands at Miller's facility
When we built a new distribution center in 2006, we donated eight of the eleven acres to Fairfax County as permanent wetlands.
- Support and facilitate a program that urges carpooling by employees whenever possible.
- Promote careful regulation of internal temperature and water heater settings.
- Promote turning off lights when they are not needed and have installed skylights throughout the facility.
Miller's uses low-emission diesel engines in all delivery trucks.
- Follow delivery procedures and use route optimization software designed to maximize distribution while reducing overall fuel consumption.
- Support programs designed to encourage our customers to combine orders, reducing the number of deliveries.
- Use recycled and biodegradable packaging materials whenever possible.
Our drivers pick up all empty toner and inkjet cartridges from our customers, without a return authorization, for recycling. We also pick up corrugated cardboard.
Last year we recycled:
- 85,000-lbs of cardboard
- 8,000-lbs of paper
- 11,500-lbs of plastic
- 46,000-lbs of catalogs
- 12,819 cartridges
To make it easier for you to choose, Miller's catalog shows which products contain recycled material and which contain at least 30% post-consumer recycled content. We also offer 92 GE brightness, white, acid-free paper for copiers and printers that is made from 100% recycled, post-consumer content. Our offerings include more than 3,600 products made from recycled materials, and more than 1,000 environmentally friendly products such as non-toxic cleaning supplies and biodegradable dinnerware.
We also offer both organic and Fair Trade coffees.