Full Time position in Winchester, VA posted on February 12, 2019
Responsible for the daily activities related to the installation of contract furniture systems. Duties include delivery, assembly, and installation of office furniture case-goods and seating. Additionally, the position requires driving to customer’s sites, loading, unloading and securing trucks. All tasks are performed with high skill and professionalism displayed through excellent customer service.
- Load systems furniture orders onto truck, deliver and stage product at the customer’s site for installation.
- Complete furniture assembly/installation as per installation specifications and blueprints to meet customer’s satisfaction; inspects furniture for proper operability according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Must understand contract furniture systems electrical requirements for building hook-ups and be able to identify electrical distribution requirements on installation blueprints.
- Installs all types of free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems including placement, leveling, wipe-down, and touch-up of metal and wood furniture at customers location.
- May be required to load transactional furniture orders onto truck and deliver product to customer; complete furniture assembly/installation as per installation specifications to meet customer satisfaction; inspects furniture for proper operability according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Daily interaction with customers, division furniture staff, and warehouse furniture management.
- Keeps tools in good working order and ensures that all tools are available as needed.
- Correctly interprets installation drawings and works on assigned task with minimum of supervision.
- Installs all types of modular furniture to include placement, leveling, wipe-down, and touch-up of metal and wood furniture.
- Inspects furniture to ensure it operates properly according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a contract furniture installer with additional experience desired in installing several contract furniture systems.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience driving a 14 ft. to 26 ft. truck required.
- Experience in using hand and electrical tools to assemble furniture.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to be D.O.T. certified with a good driving record and physically qualified to drive by passing a D.O.T. medical examination.
- Ability to lift, push or pull equipment/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to read blueprints and CAD installation drawings.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, conducting customer contact in a professional and courteous manner.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid leave, life insurance, retirement plans and more. A work environment that values work/life balance.