Miller's Response to COVID-19
Updated Delivery Protocol
- Orders will be placed inside the door or
- Placed at the receptionist’s desk
- For single-tenant buildings we will deliver orders to the loading dock.
- For multi-tenant buildings we will take the order to the location closest to the loading dock that is staffed by our customers.
- We will do our best to ensure an acknowledgment that the delivery has been made.
- In lieu of a signature, we will enter a printed name of the person taking receipt.
- If a person is not available to acknowledge delivery, we will take a picture of the delivered product (where allowed).
- Pick-ups will only be made from inside the customer’s door or at the loading dock.
- We will call prior to making a pick-up to insure that the product is at the designated location.
Keeping Our Staff and Customers Safe
At Miller’s, the health of our staff, customers and community are our top priority. We are taking steps to ensure that everyone has the information, supplies and ability to protect themselves and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
A friendly smile will replace handshakes for the foreseeable future and we have implemented the CDC recommended protocols for commercial operations.
The following steps have been implemented in our office, in our warehouse, and with our delivery teams.
Offices and warehouse:
- Where possible and practical, office staff will work from home.
- Outside vendor meetings have been cancelled to limit the people entering our building.
- Hand sanitizing stands have been placed in the building atrium, for sanitizing as you enter the building.
- Throughout the facility, we have distributed sanitizers and wipes for continual use by all associates.
Distribution and delivery:
- Our distribution staff has been issued gloves and sanitizer for themselves and their equipment.
- Drivers are fully supplied with sanitization products to thoroughly clean their trucks each morning and evening. In addition they are provided with disposable gloves. They will be donning a new pair of gloves with each delivery and removing that pair after the delivery.
- If you are limiting contact within your organization, feel free to put a sign on your normal delivery door with instructions to leave packages outside or identify a single location for delivery.
Normal Operating Schedules
Miller’s locations are open and making deliveries on a normal schedule at this time. While sanitizing product is very limited, we are working hard and looking at all product sources in our supply chain to bring availability wherever possible. If there is a stock issue with your order that is not apparent when you place it, we will call you and suggest an available alternative. We thank you for your continued business and patience as we work with our partners to bring in additional inventory.
We recognize that the situation is rapidly changing and will continue to provide updates on this page.