According to the Washington Post, in 2016 the first 15 days of May set a record for consecutive rainy days, which left many craving for the sun to return. Research shows lack of exposure to sunlight can make you feel tired or sluggish. According to the National Weather Service, precipitation for the month of May in Washington D.C. is normally six to eight inches while areas in Virginia reach nine inches. To help you through your workday when rainy days are here this spring, here are some motivational quotes we hope you enjoy.
1. "Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe." - Gaile Devers, American Athlete and two-time Olympic champion
2. "Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." -Satchel Paige, Legendary Baseball Athlete
3. “You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction.” - George Horace Lorimer, Journalist and Author
4. "Never give up on a dream just because of the time it takes to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale, American Author
5. "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." - Thomas Jefferson, Founding Father and 3rd President.
6. "Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success." - Dale Carnegie, American Writer and Lecturer
7. "Success is a state of mind. If you want success start thinking of your self as a success." - Joyce Brothers, American Psychologist
8. "The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way." - Robert Kiyosaki, Businessman and Author
9. "Sweet April showers do spring May flowers." - Thomas Tusser, Poet and Farmer
10. "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas A. Edison, American Inventor
Do you have a motivational quote that helps you throughout the work week? Please share in the comments below.